Friday, July 1, 2011

May Freedom Ring!

One of my favorite songs is "The Star Spangled Banner!" In fact, I love it when watching the Olympics and the U.S. wins gold, because, at that moment everyone in attendance pays respect to our flag and our National Anthem. It usually gives me chills!
I love my country, and am so thankful for those who fight to protect me and my family everyday. I'm not just saying that, either. I feel a tremendous burden upon my shoulders when I think that there are those in battle right now to protect Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness!
While I love my country, I'm greatly saddened by it. Especially when I think of where it is in comparison to where it was when I was a child, even. I can remember when living with someone outside of the bonds of marriage was scandalous. I can remember when teenagers in media were virgins. I can remember when someone had the right to take a moral stance against unbiblical practices such as homosexuality.
I challenge you to pray for your country this holiday that Lord would cause a great revival. That Christians would be bold for the gospel and that they would reach those who are searching with the answers they seek: The death and saving power of Christ. That those hearts would be prepared by the Holy Spirit and willing to believe on Him! That they may celebrate true independence, Independence from Sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment