Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Wonders of Honey

I enjoy "making" my own beauty treatments. I don't like paying a lot of money for chemicals, so if I can make something from healthy foods that's superior to something I might pay much more for at a salon or department store, well, I'm all about that!
I've talked here about using olive oil for a diaper rash ointment. Today, I'd like to share with you the miracle that is honey: Did you know that honey is the only food that never spoils? It's true!
Honey has so many uses. I sometimes use it in my hair, because it is a natural humectant. Humectants draw moisture to them, hence why it's great for hair.
Honey is also a great moisturizer for your skin, though, you'll probably want to dilute it with some other ingredients first: I've read to mix a few tablespoons with 2 egg whites and some flour for a great moisturizer!
Honey is great to use medicinally. Honey helps sore throats and coughs. Many allergy sufferers believe that it helps with seasonal allergies if consumed locally and raw.
You can use honey as an anticeptic. The glucose in honey will slowly release hydrogen peroxide and help wounds heal more quickly!
Do you have Acne? Honey can help with that too! Yes, use it as a spot treatment and the pimples will disappear!
It can be used as a laxative as well, add some honey to warm water.
I couldn't list all the benefits of honey on this one post, but I thought I would highlight a few of them. Maybe you'll be interested in searching out some new uses for this yummy treat yourself?
Click here for some honey beauty recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment