Tuesday, July 26, 2011

30 Days of Esther: Day 13

I've gotten a bit behind on my friend, Esther. I've been trying to catch up on some things, sorry.
"Then answered Esther, and said, My petition and my request is; If I have found favour in the sight of the king, and if it please the king to grant my petition, and to perform my request, let the king and Haman come to the banquet that I shall prepare for them, and I will do to morrow as the king hath said."-Esther 5:7&8

It's all about the timing!
I love that Esther took time to fast & pray, and asked others to do so on her part, and then, she prepared herself. She put on her royal attire and went to the king. When he asked her what she would ask of him and he would give it to her, she asked him to a banquet. When at the banquet he sought her request, she extended a second invitation.
She was waiting for the Lord's timing!
I hate to wait for anything! I hate waiting in line at the grocery, at a traffic light, in the doctor's office, even for the bathroom, but this is a necessary skill if you desire to serve the Lord. He requires us to wait, and often, more than we would like!
" Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. - Psalm 27:14"

Who knows what would have happened to Esther and the people of Israel if she hadn't been willing to wait until that second banquet to request of her King. Skipping ahead just a bit, this is the night that the King learns that Mordecai was the one who saved his life, and that he'd never properly rewarded him. Perhaps his heart would not have been so tender toward the Jews before that discovery? I can only speculate, but I believe we would not have seen such an amazing outcome had Esther chosen to go before God's timing!
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment