Saturday, July 2, 2011

Psalm 28:7

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." -Psalm 28:7

I've been wanting to share a few of my favorite Psalms. This is definitely one of them, because I love the word picture it presents. (Being a lover of literature I can appreciate a picture painted in words so much more than one constructed of mere paint and canvass!)I love the idea that the Lord is a shield. He is the buffer between me and Satan. Satan can never actually reach me, because God is between us, and every fiery dart that he flings my way, the Lord absorbs the brunt of the sting.
The second point is that when we trust in him, we are helped. What a comfort! I love that Lord is gracious enough to help a poor sinner like me! I can't imagine why He loves me so, but for some reason He just keeps doing it and rewarding my trust everyday. (That is those days when I'm spiritually strong and am trusting Him!)
Lastly, for such love, help and protection our response is naturally to rejoice and praise our Lord? Have you given the Lord your song?!
Praise Him, Praise Him,
All ye little children.
God is love, God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment