Saturday, July 2, 2011

How to Clean Shower Curtains

OH how I wish I'd taken pictures of my shower curtain to share with you!
Suffice it to say, my shower curtain (the clear vinyl liner) was the nastiest looking thing ever. It had some mildew starting to take up residence and the bottom was all rust red, with plenty of soap scum at the top. I know your opinion of me just went downhill fast, didn't it?
I googled "clean a shower curtain" and came up with this site.
What an awesome answer to my disgusting curtain cleaning questions!!!
First, I soaked my curtain in the tub with one cup of bleach.
Then, I washed it in the washer with detergent and one cup of bleach.
Finally, I washed it in the washer with detergent and one cup of vinegar, shook it out in the tub and hung it up!
The difference is amazing. I had never really figured out how to clean those silly things the proper way, so I'm overjoyed for this site!
Like I said, I wish I had taken a picture although you would have thought me disgusting, but here's a pic of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment