Friday, July 29, 2011

30 Days of Esther: Day 16

"And the king said, What honour and dignity hath been done to Mordecai for this? Then said the king's servants that ministered unto him, There is nothing done for him." - Esther 6:3

Isn't it amazing how the Lord works? The very night that Haman decides to petition the king for Mordecai's life the king can not sleep. In modern times when we suffer insomnia we usually turn to infomercials. Apparently the king only had the records to help him get his forty winks.
The Lord planned for the king to be sleepless. He knew that Mordecai needed the protection of the king, and that the king needed a reminder of what Mordecai had done for him!
When we look at this situation, it seems that God's working is crystal clear, but, unfortunately, more often than not, this is not the case.
I'm sure that the Jews were feeling frightened and perhaps that God had forsaken them. I often feel this way in the midst of a trial. I feel that there is no way out, but God has already orchestrated a plan to carry me through. Reading this book helps me to see that God is working in so many places at once. He's doing so much that I never see and He's working for my good!
Praise the Lord that He caused Ahasuerus a sleepless night. I wonder how many people He's given insomnia to help me through a trial?
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." - Jeremiah 29:11


30 Days of Esther: Days 1-15

No comments:

Post a Comment