Wednesday, June 22, 2011

His Way

This post is a Prequel to my post: "How It All Began."
Rewind to the Winter/Spring of 2003. I had already felt that the Lord was calling me to spend my life with children, more specifically, my children. I've blogged about that here.But, I was now in a holding pattern. Have you ever been in a spot where you feel that you're spiritually stalled?
Working a job that was stressful mentally, spiritually and physically, I would come home, shower and crash everyday. I worked in my church with all my spare time, which between work and sleep, that was not a lot.
Knowing what the Lord was calling me to be, obviously, a necessary step toward motherhood was marriage, however, there was literally no where for me to meet a possible husband. In spite of this, I felt that the Lord had me where He wanted me. I truly believe he wanted me in a holding pattern to learn that there is peace only when we are specifically where He intends us to be.
You see wherever He puts you there is something that He wishes you to accomplish, even in holding patterns. We must be fully surrendered to His will or we can not learn the truths He desires to teach.
The lesson that I was taught during that time was that Christ is enough. If my job is not fulfilling: Christ is enough. If my social life is nonexistent: Christ is enough. If no one else will love me: Christ is enough. His love is more than any one human can give. It's perfect, tested and eternal!
I'm so happy for that short time in my life when I felt I was on the fast track to nothing! It was certainly the time when I learned one of my most important lessons.
I challenge you today, if you are in one of those holding patterns, unsure of what the next step is, work for the Lord where you are! Seek to glorify Him in your mundane time as you would when you feel the excitement of His hand moving!
I had to fully surrender myself to the Lord and accept that whatever He chooses for my life, I am satisfied in being His child, before He would show me the next step in His will for my life.
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." - Romans 12:1
Please, when you feel discouraged, remember that He isn't trying to torment you, but to teach you. I know that stalled times are some of the most trying, but, again, remember, His way is perfect.
"As for God, his way is perfect: the way of the Lord is tried: his a buckler to all those that trust in him." - Psalm 18:30

No comments:

Post a Comment