Monday, June 27, 2011

Have You Thought of the Cross Today?


So often I get caught up in the daily grime of living that my focus tends to drift from the spiritual to the physical. I start thinking about my goals for the day: dishes, sweeping, cleaning, changing diapers, grocery shopping, blogging, and facebooking that I stop thinking about what is eternal, but what is temporal.
Sometimes I forget that every day I'm on this earth with my husband and children is a day given me by God. I forget that my life is not my own possession, it has been bought.
Consider the price that was paid for your life. Jesus endured incomprehensible suffering and gave His life a ransom for mine.

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” - Mark 10:45

When I consider this, it's only reasonable that I choose to spend the days the Lord has given to me serving Him.
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." - Romans 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment