Monday, June 27, 2011

Favorite Hymns/Hymnists Part II: He Lives

He Lives
I serve a risen Savior,
He's in the world today.
I know that He is living
Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy,
I hear His voice of cheer,
And, just the time I need Him
He always near.

What poignant lyrics for this day and age! If you have met the Savior you can relate to these lyrics. I'm always so sad to hear the lost try to refute the very existance of a God! But, if you know the Lord you have no doubt that He is indeed alive. The evidence of a Savior is in every aspect of the lives of His children. I've seen His healing in the protection of my father, I've seen His provsion in times of want, mostly I've felt His grace in everything. I know His grace carried me through times of despair, mourning, fear and even labor, but mostly, I've felt the joy His grace brings in remembering that my sins have been forgiven me!

In all the world around me,
I see His loving care.
And though my heart grows weary,
I never will despair.
I know that He is leading
Thro' all the stormy blast.
The day of His appearing
Will come at last.

Again, such great lyrics! Our hearts often grow weary of the tedious labor we endure on this earth, and though, we face storms, trials and sadness, we needn't despair! We have the hope of His return. We know He will return, because He has kept all His promises thus far!

Rejoice, Rejoice O' Christian
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal Hallelujahs
To Jesus Christ, the King
The hope of all who seek Him,
The help of all who find.
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.

He lives, He lives.
Christ Jesus lives today.
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives
Salvation to impart
You ask me how I know He lives,
He lives within my heart.

I know that Jeus lives, just as sure as I know I live. He's provided proof of it daily. That proof is in the regeneration of the Saints. Lives changed! Hope given, and peace found!
While I'm on this earth, I will seek to help others find the joy I have found and lift my hallelujahs to praise Him for his love to me. Then, in Heaven, at last I shall sit at the feet of my Risen Savior!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment