Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Truth about Sin

Unfortunately, we live in an age that doesn't believe in definite right and wrong. This is difficult for Christians. We're ridiculed and mocked by coworkers, neighbors and friends for endeavoring to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. We're even persecuted by other "Christians" I use that term lightly because the word "Christian" means to be Christ-like. These "Christians" do not want to live a Holy life separated from the lusts of this world, but they desire to partake of the goodness and blessings of the Lord, yet they distance themselves from Him by allowing, tolerating and participating in acts that are wholly against Him and His commandments. When we sin, we transgress against the Holiness of God.
"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." - I John 3:4
I'm not saying that I'm perfect, but rather, this is a testimony of my own life. I know that when we allow knowingly, and even, unknowingly, sin into our lives, we place ourselves in a position of enmity with God. I know this, because this is the direct result of the multiple sins that I've indulged in during my life. I will continue to sin and distance myself from the Lord, but I praise Him that He is not content to let me go! No, He pursues me relentlessly when I run from His presence.
When we adopt a mindset that there is no definite right or wrong we are doing our part to destroy lives and eternally condemn others. We know that there is only happiness, joy and contentment through God and that all other avenues to those gifts are temporal. If we don't inform others of a real sin and a Holy God who judges these sins, they will never understand that they need Him. They will never be able to enjoy the eternal blessings they we will.
Rather than being worried that we might offend, please let us show a far greater love and warn others of the great and eternal results of sin. Let us also tell them that there IS a cure for this sin, but is only found in the grace and mercy of the one, true, living Lord!
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

No comments:

Post a Comment