Tuesday, August 2, 2011

30 Days of Esther: Day 19

"Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request:" - Esther 7:3

Esther had risked her life to request the king attend her banquet. She prepared this elaborate banquet for him. Finally, the time had come, he asked what she wished of him.
Esther had fasted, prayed, and sought the prayers of other, she was fully prepared. She responded to the king's question, "let my life be given me."
Esther had risked much, she was brave and courageous for the life of her people. What an amazing testimony. But, if Esther was willing do so much to pray the king preserve her physical life, how much more we should petition our Lord on behalf of those who do not know Him.
Esther sought only to protect the physical, but how much more important is it to save the soul. Our physical bodies are temporal, but the souls of the Lost are eternal. It is our duty to stand between them and death and hell. We need to be petitioning our Lord on their part, and interceding at every possible moment.
We won't win everyone to the Lord, but we can make it as difficult as possible to reject Him, can't we?
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26

No comments:

Post a Comment