Wednesday, August 10, 2011

30 Days of Esther: Day 26

"The ten sons of Haman the son of Hammedatha, the enemy of the Jews, slew they; but on the spoil laid they not their hand." - Esther 9:10

This verse is a warning to parents. We must be mindful that what we do will always effect our children. In the case of Haman, his sons were killed because of his wicked heart! While our children may not have give their lives for our faults, be not deceived, they will feel the repercussions of our bad choices. My former pastor (that makes me sad to say, because he's recently move to a different ministry!) has been quoted as saying in regard to temptaion, "It's always about your faith, your family, and your future." Remember that when Satan tempts us to sin, he's out to weaken our faith, destroy our family, and change our future.
It's a lot easierr for the devil to attack me now, to cause me to fall and reject my Lord, than to do attack my children individually when they're older. If he can create a poor example in me, how much easier will it be for him to lure them from the Lord when they're older?
Parents need to be continually mindful that all our decisions, great and small, will have direct ramifications for our children!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment