Monday, January 30, 2012

Disposable Relationships

I've recently had a conversation with my dad that got me to thinking.
I've always enjoyed an exceptionally close relationship with my brother and sisters. The only side-effect of those great relationships is that most other people in our lives have tended to be disposable. (I don't mean to offend any of my friends by saying this.)
My siblings and I tend to lose touch with anyone with whom we no longer have daily contact.
In some ways this is a good thing. We never get so attached to our friends, and this means that we'd hardly ever get hurt when we lose friends. However, being only slightly invested in our relationships makes us pretty awful friends!
Lately, I fallen under conviction for this.
"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." -Proverbs 17:17

In the future I would like to be the friend in this verse! I'm committing to loving my friends at all times! I want to be available at times. Just for fun times or in the darkest of times!

No comments:

Post a Comment