Friday, January 27, 2012

Better Boxed Mac & Cheese

I absolutely despise boxed Mac & Cheese!
I've been trying just about everything to improve on the simple staple. I love having it around, because, let's face it, I have small children, it's cheap and easy too! However, I must admit that I feel as if I'm committing child abuse every time I prepare it for my kids, and not just because of the nutritional value information on the back of the box!
I've tried a lot of different methods for preparation, but the latest I've tried I found to be a really cool alternative!
I prepared the noodles as ordinary.
When I added the cheese flavoring to the pot, I didn't add any milk or butter. Instead, I used about 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise. Then I added in one slice of velveeta. (I know the nutritional value just keeps getting better.)
It tasted really creamy. I liked the effect and my hubby gave it 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment