Saturday, December 24, 2011

Twas the Night Before Christmas!

Every year growing up my dad would read all five of us, "Twas the Night Before Christmas" by Clement C. Moore on Christmas Eve.
Dad reading to my little girl and 2 of her cousins!
This had to be my favorite tradition...EVER!!!!! I love books, well, we all did, and my dad always reads things a little silly. If you were looking for a story to be well read with the words well articulated and every syllable to be correctly stated and emphasized just as the author intended, you asked my mom to read. She read like a valedictorian...oh wait she was! (Sorry, at some time had to throw that brag in about my mom.) If you were looking for every voice to be completely exaggerated and poetic license to be taken (and a little abused) you would have Dad read to you! He does the best, "HO HO HO!"
As we grew we became too old for a lot of things, but I've never gotten too old for this tradition! Now, whenever possible my dad will read to the grandkids he has around on Christmas Eve. It's fun to watch my kiddos enjoy this as much as I did!
What Christmas Tradition did you enjoy so much that you had to pass it on to your little one??

Oh, and

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment