Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I'm even facebooking less lately. I imagine as the holidays approach I'll be using my computer a lot less.
This is my time of year! The time I anticipate through the whole calendar! I'm so excited for Thanksgiving this year! Especially looking forward to a big pile of mash potatoes & gravy...who's with me?
This time of year, I think about the many blessings I have received in my life, and enjoy spending the next few weeks enjoying every moment of those blessings. You see, to me, the ultimate gift is family. A safety net of love designed to be there trough thick and thin. Only the creative genius of our Lord could have devised such a perfect entity as that of "family."
It's saddened me to see that, especially among my own generation, the value of a family has been diminished and even thought unnecessary.
I've been blessed with a large family. I have four siblings, which means that when the holidays roll around we have a house full of lovely little ones. It's certainly a noisy event too!
God was gracious to give me my extended family, but I feel even more blessed that He, in His wisdom, allowed me to meet my husband. I could truly never love another human being with the powerful love I feel for him! And, as an added bonus, God gifted us with two beautiful, fun, little girls. Everyday is Thanksgiving when I remember the amazing honor He bestowed on me by allowing me to raise and educate these two gifts!
However, I think it important for us to remember this time of year, that even if we're not blessed with early possessions or even a lovely family, we have more than enough to sing God's praise, if we have the Lord!
"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." - Hebrews 13:5
If we have the Lord we have all we need because he will never leave us. He is with us through every trial, and every joy.
Now, that, is truly something for which we can be grateful!

If you do not have the satisfaction in the Lord of which I speak, please contact me through the Contact Me page. Or read my What I Believe page to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment